Sunday, November 17, 2013

Alpine - German Dining in Naples, Florida


I took a short trip to Naples for some fishing and my father likes German food.  I noticed a highly rated German place close to the hotel and we gave it a shot.  This was strip-mall dining at its finest.  I don't eat too much German food in the DC area but Alpine was a thoroughly enjoyable meal.

We first ordered beer.  Their highlighted beer is what they say is the world's first pilsner beer - Urquell from the Czech Republic.  We then went for the stereotypical German foods.    My father went for Jäger Schnitzel and sauerkraut.  I ordered a potato pancake with chicken and veggies once I was certain my dad was ordering the Schnitzel as I wanted to try it.  Both mains were delicious and I enjoyed it even more because I don't get to taste the different flavors and textures of German food back home.  I would have liked a sampler menu so I could try some additional items on the menu but next time!




For dessert, we both got cappucino's and some strudel. Make sure to get a cappucino while you are there.  My father declared it was one of the best he had ever had.  The service was overall very good.  The older male waiter certainly had some character.  Ambience?   You did read the part about it being in a strip mall, right?  At least parking was super easy!



For German trip mall dining outside of a major city, Alpine exceeded my expectations.

Rating - 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment