Monday, February 13, 2012

Seasons 52 - Tysons

The Mahi-Mahi.  Colorful and full of flavor.
I visited Seasons 52 in Tysons corner for a birthday dinner.  This is an interesting restaurant concept.  They claim that nothing on the menu is over 475 calories.  That's quite a boast!

The in-a-nutshell review for this restaurant is that it is pretty good!  It's in Tysons mall so my expectations were low, however, the ambience was very nice and we had a kitchen-window view from a private room.  The wine list is good sized and we were very happy with the bottle of Pinot and the glass of Malbec we got as well.

Flatbreads seem to be their thing so we tried their special of the day which included artichokes, goat cheese and onion.  Tasty and very light.  Which is how an appetizer should be!  Nothing worse than typical American appetizers that are heavy-fried and ruin your main course.  Our group of four randomly ordered the same two entrees so I can only report on those two dishes.  The duck salad was tasty.  It had a light sesame dressing and it was very sparsely flavored (which is how they probably keep the calories down).  This was just fine with me as I prefer my salad to not be drowned in goo.  My entree was another special of the day, which was a grilled-mahi-mahi.  The dish took me off guard by having quite a bit of spice in it.  Once I adjusted to it, it was very good!  The fish was cooked really well and the sauces had great flavor and weren't so rich that they overpowered the mahi.  Fish is such an easy thing to ruin at a restaurant if it isn't fresh or cooked poorly.  They hit this one out of the park!

For dessert, the waiter brought out a circular tray of little mini-dessert parfaits.  About the size of a large vial.  Again, this is probably how they keep their calories below 475.  I got a peanut butter, chocolate combination and it was about 4 big spoonfuls of deliciousness.

Overall, I liked it enough to come back.  The service was good.  My water stayed refilled ahead of my personal refill schedule and the food and wine were all as advertised.  I can recommend this to anyone in Tysons that's tired of Coastal Flats.

4 our of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment